Dapka Kadhi ( Jain Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26620 times
Add zing to your kadhi with these healthy moong dal dumplings.
- Mix the besan, curds and 3 cups of water till smooth.
- Add the green chilli paste, curry leaves, sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a while stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil and frying the cumin and mustard seeds until they crackle. Add the asafoetida and red chilli.
- Add the tempering to the kadhi and boil for a few minutes. Keep aside.
- Soak the moong dal in lukewarm for 3 to 4 hours. Drain.
- Grind the soaked moong dal to a fine paste in a blender.
- Add the oil, green chilli paste, sugar, baking soda and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Add in the dapka batter little at a time using your fingertips to form dumplings to the simmering kadhi.
- Re-heat the kadhi for 5 more minutes on a low flame. Do not stir the kadhi else the dapkas will disintegrate.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Add only one dumpling at a time. If it disintegrates, add some besan to it and try again.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.