Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1933 times
Serve this piping hot with rice or roti. . .
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Drain, wash and keep aside.
- Wash the dal, add the fenugreek seeds and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or till the dal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and whisk the dal lightly. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till they turn soft.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and garlic paste, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add red chillies, asafoetida and turmeric, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Pour this tempering over the dal and mix well.
- Add the salt and garam masala, mix well and boil for 5 min.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by saviatul33 on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.