by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7267 times
Dalimbi Bhaat or Field beans Rice is a traditional Maharashtrian delicacy and is cooked on special occasions. Though this recipe is not as popular as Masale Bhaat, it is still cooked in many Maharashtrian homes.
- Wash the rice,drain and kep aside.
- In a pan boil 3 cups of water.
- In another pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and green chilli paste.
- Add sprouted and peeled field beans and saute for 2 minutes.Add washed rice and saute for a few more minutes. Add turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder and goda masala. Mix well and add the boiling water. Cover the vessel with lid and cook.
- When the rice is half cooked, add scrapped coconut, sugar or jaggery and salt to taste. Cover again and cook the rice.
- Add lemon juice to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Just before serving add some ghee and garnish it with scraped coconut and chopped coriander.
- Boil 3 cups of water and reduce it to 21/2 cups. Rice cooked in hot water is light and each grain of the cooked rice is separate.
- Traditionally, jaggery is used instead of sugar.
- To sprout field beans, soak the beans overnight in plenty of water for 5-6 hours. Drain the water and rinse it.
- Transfer the beans into a strainer and keep it aside for a day. The beans gets sprouted. Remove the peel from the bean before using.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 12 Dec 2013I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.