Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4581 times
Dalia usili is a combination of wheat rawa, moong dal and channa dal grinded with spices. Serve as an accompaniment with your lunch or dinner.
- Combine both the dals together and soak in enough water for 1 hr.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with red chillies, turmeric and salt to a coarse paste.
- Pour the mixture in a thali and steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Keep aside.
- Combine the broken wheat with salt and enough water and pressure cook till done. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seed, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cooked dal and saute till the paste becomes powdery.
- Add the cooked dalia and saute for 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame, add the lemon juice, grated carrot, cucumber, coconut and onion and mix will.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
This recipe was contributed by vsucharitha on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.