Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69849 times
Dalia upma is a nutritious alternative to the regular upma. You will love its hearty, warm aroma and the delightful, grainy taste. Seasoned with mustard seeds, and cumin seeds and garnished with lemon juice, this dish is very satiating. You can have it for breakfast or as a meal by itself.
- Dry roast the dalia in a pan on slow flame for 3 minutes till it turns to light brown in colour. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the astafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, green chillies and ginger, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and carrots, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the roasted dalia, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for two whistles or till done.
- Remove from the flame, open the lid, add the lemon juice and mix gently.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by ragi on 11 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.