Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23924 times
Dalia khir is a creative kheer(sweetened milk) recipe with fiber dense dalia or broken wheat added to the milk during boiling. The dalia grains or laapsi are cooked with sugar, elaichi powder in the milk to prepare an awesome healthy dalia kheer.
- Pressure cook dalia by adding enough water.
- Transfer the dalia in a deep pan and add the milk, coconut, cardamom powder and saffron and mix well and bring it to boil.
- Simmer till the milk becomes thick.
- Add the jaggery and mix well.
- Serve hot or chilled garnished with nuts.
This recipe was contributed by oyasis on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.