Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18643 times
Serve these unique idlis with coconut chutney.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add the broken wheat and saute till they turn pink in colour.
- Cool, add the salt, curds and cumin seeds and blend in a mixer till smooth, using water if required.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Grease the idli moulds using oil and place some carrots, coriander and coconut in each moulds.
- Pour a spoonful of batter on top and steam in a idli steamer for 15 minutes or till cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#389904 on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.