Dal with Tamarind Leaves
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8461 times
A simple yet innovative dal with tender tamarind leaves recipe with an array of flavors. The lentils are cooked with tamarind leaves to impart a delectable sour taste to the lentil or dal preparartion. Relish with steamed rice
- Wash and pressure cook tuvar dal. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, cumin seeds, mustard seeds,red chillies,and asafoetida and saute for few seconds.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and the tamarind leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal ,turmeric ,salt and jaggery, mix well and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced chillies and onions.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Rajeshwari.Ch on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.