Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5197 times
Dal with mango is a summer special lentil recipe with the dals cooked with amba or raw unripe mangoes. The tangy taste of mangoes render a delectable sweet and sour taste to the lentil dish. Enjoy the mango dal with rice and roasted papad.
- Pressure cook the dal till soft. Keep aside.
- Combine the mangoes with green chillies and boil in enough water till soft. Mash and keep aside.
- Combine the mashed mango with dal, add little water and mix well. Bring the dal to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, red chilli and asafoetida and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sunitha on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.