Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5997 times
Dal ka keema is a dry lentil preparation with the soaked dals which are stir fried with pepper , salt and jeera. A sookhi dal recipe with a spicy feel, the dal ka keema is best paired with rotis.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water for 7 to 8 hours.
- Drain and wash again.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast the dal along with black pepper, cumin seeds and cardamom till the dal turns light brown in colour.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the red chilli paste, turmeric powder and tomatoes, mix well and saute till the mixture leaves oil.
- Add the green peas ,salt, green chillies, dal powder and enough water, mix well and bring the mixture to boil.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame, till the mixture becomes dry.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sudanjes on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.