Dal-dhokli Delight (health Recipie)
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7015 times
Dal-dhokli delight (health recipe) is a simple recipe to recreate the Gujarati snack delight, dal dhoklis. The gram flour based batter is steamed and then tempered with mustard seeds and green chillies. Enjoy as breakfast or snack.
- Sieve the flour. add all the masalas, methi-leaves (optional), oil and water to form semi-soft dough.
- Brush little oil, cover and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Knead well and divide the dough into about 7-8 portions.
- Roll out each portion into thin chappatis with the help of little flour.
- Cover the chappatis with a piece of paper, don’t let them dry or overlap each other, or they would get stuck.
- In a deep vessel, heat oil. add mustard seeds, cummin seeds, as they splutter, add dried red chillies, green chillies, curry leaves and ginger to it.
- Add the finely chopped cauliflower to it.
- Let it fry well. add the peanuts.
- With a and-blender, crush the remaining boiled vegetables and add them too.
- Add tomatoes and toor dal and ½ cup of water or as required.
- Add the rest of masalas, salt, jaggery, kokam and ripened bananas.
- Let all the things blend with the dal until it comes to a boil.
- Take each rolled chappatis and with a knife cut it out into horizontal and vertical small pieces like shakarpara or like diamond shape.
- While you cut, immediately start adding them one by one to the boiling dal. repeat until all 5-6 chappatis are done.
- Let this boil until all the dhoklis are properly cooked, but not overcooked.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot with a spoonful of ghee over it.
- Mouthwatering healthy dal-dhokli is ready to eat.
This recipe was contributed by passioncook on 26 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.