Dal and Vegetable Mash ( Baby and Toddler )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Dal and Vegetable Mash ( Baby and Toddler ) in Hindi)
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73587 times
Dal, which is rich in energy and proteins, is a good supplementary meal to meet the increased demands of your baby. It also provides a good base to which you can add other ingredients that you wish to introduce to your baby’s diet, including veggies like carrot and beans.
Begin with a simple dal mash, and once your baby develops a liking for it, you add vegetables to it. While salt is not recommended by paediatricians at this age, you can mildly season with pepper if it suits your child.
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Serve lukewarm.
- Substitute 2 tbsp of yellow moong dal with 1 tbsp of yellow moong dal and 1 tbsp of masoor dal and proceed as per the above recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.