Dal and Coconut
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2689 times
Dal and coconut is a lentil recipe with the dals cooked with freshly grated coconut and then tempered with red chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Clean and wash the dal with enough water.
- Combine the dal with salt, kasoori methi and green chillies and pressure cook with enough water till the dal is soft.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Combine the coconut, garlic, ginger and curry leaves with enough water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the dal and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the prepared coconut paste, mix well and bring the dal to boil. Add some water of dal becomes thick.
- Serve ot garnished with coriander and lemon juice.
This recipe was contributed by syamala on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.