Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6808 times
Nutritious dal cooked with vegetables
- Soak the dal in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida, green chillies, ginger and garlic, mix well and saute for few seconds.
- Add the carrot, beans and cauliflower and mix well.
- Add the soaked dal, turmeric powder and salt along with 2 1/2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles, or till the dal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape and open the lid. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by madhavijata on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.