Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9241 times
A simple and yet so healthy and tasty dal soup recipe made from a mix of lentils and seasonings. This thin dal soup is soothing and a preferred appetizer among all.
- Combine the dal with all the ingredients, except the oil and cumin seeds, mix well and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles, or till the dal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and cool.
- Blend using a hand blender till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, our this tempering over the dal and mix well.
- Bring the soup to boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by bkrishnan on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.