Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26343 times
Can have this dal roti, with any curry or any accompaniment like chutney or pickles.
- Soak the dal in enough water for 4 to 5 hours.
- Drain the dal and combine the dal with garlic, chillies, cumin seeds and salt and blend in a mixer to smooth powder.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the wheat flour with enough water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4" diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6" diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 3 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by paulachand on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.