Dal Rice Khichadi
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48388 times
This can be eaten as a breakfast.
this can be given to small children, without putting the onions, if the children do not like onion.
- Chop the onions finely and green chilles into 2/3 pieces.
- Take a kadai, put little cooking oil, add jeera and then the chillies, onions etc.
- Stir this mixture till the onions become half-cooked.
- Now take the rice & dal and wash them together.
- Add the mixture (i.e onions etc.) and add to the rice & dal.
- Add 3 cups of water, salt to taste, curry leaves, coriander leaves, garam masala, and put it in the cooker.
- After 3 whistles, put off the pressure cooker.
- Now the khichadi is ready to eat. this can be eaten even plainly or with roasted papad, or pickle of your choice.
- Serve the khichadi hot.
This recipe was contributed by bkrishnan on 17 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.