Dal Pinni ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13839 times
The masala used here is an aromatic mixture of spices, coconut and cashews. It sounds rich, and is indeed befitting a royal meal! make sure the masala is blended well and cooked just as mentioned here, to be assured of a good result. And it is not just the masala that is worth a mention. Adding chopped cabbage makes this more nutritious and adds a new, slightly contrasting touch to the recipe. Replete with the tang of lemons, this comforting dal goes well with both roti and rice.
- Clean, wash and soak the dals for 2 hours. Blend the dals in a mixer to a coarse powder, without using water.
- Combine the powdered dals, salt, turmeric powder and 1½ cups of water in a microwave safe bowl and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, cabbage, ginger-green chilli paste, tomatoes and sugar, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared masala, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal, lemon juice and ¾ cup of water, mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1620.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||29.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||68.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.