Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2275 times
Dal panchkuti presents an outstanding lentil preparation with a combination of five different lentils cooked together in a mildly spiced gravy. The panchkuti dal is easy , rich in healthful benefits and is not only appealing in looks but also irrestible in taste.
- Wash all the dals and soak in enough water for 1 hour.
- Drain and add 7 cups of water and pressure cook till the dals are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon and cloves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, red chillies, ginger and garlic, mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and garam masala, cooked dals, coriander, lemon juice and salt, mix well and boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kvsantha on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.