Dal Makhani ( Vegetarian Cooking Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1586 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 161401 times
Serve with parathas or rice.
- Soak the gram dal and rajma for 5 hours.
- Chop the green chillies, ginger, onion and tomato.
- Put the urad dal, gram dal and rajma in a vessel, add 2 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
- Mash very well with a big spoon and boil again for 20 mintures.
- Add the curds and cream to the cooked dal.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onion, chillies, ginger and cumin seeds for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Fry again for 2 minutes.
- Add the dal and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.