Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10928 times
An unusual but delightful combination of lentils (dal) with gobi or cauliflower in this unique dal gobi recipe. Serve dal gobi hot with roti or phulka.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and ginger and saute for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Add the cabbage, dal and curry leaves, mix well and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add enough water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by weather on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.