Dal Fry For Beginners.
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6188 times
This is the most stapled indian food which is very easy to make and it is something which can be made everyday. A wonderful recipe for all beginners and is undoubtedly the most nutritious food and very tasty indeed. Great to go with a bowl or steamed rice or rotis/phulkas.
- Pressure cook the dal in 4 cups water for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let it heat till they start to crackle.
- Add the cinnamon stick and 1/2 tsp of hing.
- Add the dry red chilli and curry leaves and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the chopped garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions are golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and green chillies and cook till the tomatoes are pulpy and soft.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute well till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the haldi powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 3 to 4 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Once the tampering is done we add the pressure cooked dal in the pan.
- Add salt and mix well and cook on a slow flame for about 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 22 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.