Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13528 times
Dal chutney is an innovative recipe of grinding roasted dals along with salt, chillies, tamarind and sugar. A sweet and spicy chutney recipe which is best paired with fried snacks or can also be simply enjoyed as a accompaniment with any main course.
- Heat oil in a pan add the add the asafoetida and fenugreek seeds and saute till they turn brown in colour.
- Add the chana dal, urad dal and red chillies and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Remove from the flame and transfer the dals in a bowl.
- In the same pan, dry roast the coconut till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the jaggery and dals with the soaked and pureed tamarind, mix well and keep aside for 2-3 hours.
- Add the salt and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Serve with idlis, dosas or rice.
This recipe was contributed by pamakhija on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.