Dal Bhaat with Coconut and Lemon
by Anuradha Raj
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2956 times
A creamy thick dal flavoured with tangy lemon!
- Wash the rice and dal, add 4-5 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or till the dal and rice are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Combine the coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, without adding water.
- Add turmeric to this paste and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan, add the mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves and peanuts and saute for few seconds.
- Add this tempering to the prepared coconut paste and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Add this paste to the dal-rice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Anuradha Raj on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.