Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3755 times
Dal Bemisaal is a tempting dal or lentil recipe with an authentic awesome North Indian touch. An irrestible combination of flavorful lentils or dals simmered in a rich spicy gravy and enjoyed with naan or roomali roti.
- Wash and cook the dals in water in low heat until tender. (add salt while cooking).
- Fry mustard seeds in ghee until the mustard crackles. Then add cumin seeds too.
- Once the cumin seeds turn slightly dark brown in colour, add the chopped onions, and rings of capsicum and saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder to to the above.
- Pour the cooked dals into this mixture. Add coconut milk,salt,sugar and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, curry leaves and onion rings and sprinkle cumin powder(1/2tsp)just before serving.
This recipe was contributed by dipa20 on 01 Sep 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.