Dal Balls In Chinese Gravy
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4650 times
Dal balls in Chinese gravy is an unique recipe with dal or lentil balls or vadas simmered in a sweet and sour Chinese sauce enrobed gravy. Enjoy this hot and sour recipe with steamed Chinese rice.
- Wash toordal, & chana dal & pressure-cook, along with the green chilies and curry leaves, ginger paste, garlic paste and a pinch of turmeric & salt with just enough water.
- If water is more, you’ll have difficulty in making the balls.
- Once it is cooked well, mix the cooked ingredients well.
- Make the mixture of step 3 into balls, which are of gooseberry size.
- If you are having difficulty in making the balls stay together, you can just use some flour for keeping them together.
- Mix the maida with water and salt(in the consistency of how it is used for bajjis and all).
- Dip the balls in this maida mixture and deep fry in oil till golden brown and take out in absorbent paper.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the finely cut galic, green chilly and ginger pieces. fry well.
- Add 1/2 of the cut onions and fry till transclucent, at this point add chilli powder and fry.
- Grind remaining onion and tomato in the blender.
- Add this ground paste to the mixture getting fried in kadai.
- Fry well till the whole mixture is cooked well. now add pepper powder.
- Once oil is starting to separate from this mixture, add 1/2 of the coriander leaves.
- The gravy should not be too thick, not too thin. if thick, add water as required.
- Add the fried balls to the boiling gravy.
- This is now ready to be served.
- Serve hot garnished with remaining coriander leaves and crumbled potato chips.
- Add the potato chips only just before serving.
- Goes well with chinese steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by syamala on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.