Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4196 times
- Combine the dals and soak in enough water for 4 to 5 hours.
- Drain, wash, add enough water and pressure cook for 5-7 whistles or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies, ginger and saute for more 1 minute.
- Add the red chilli powder and tomatoes and cook till they turn soft.
- Add the dals and bring the dal to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with cream.
This recipe was contributed by swati_dhanotia on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.