Dal Canapes with Paneer Filling
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7945 times
The dal canapes with paneer filling is simply ana mazing snack or starter item with dal or lentil based fried cakes filled with a spicy paneer mixture. Enjoy plain or with drinks of your choice.
- Soak the dal in enough water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with the remaining ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small round cups or canapes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the canapes till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves amd saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the potatoes, green peas and paneer and mash them lightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Fill the canapes with a portion of the paneer filling.
- Serve immediately with chutney.
This recipe was contributed by savitamalkani on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.