Dahiwali Paneer Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77480 times
You are likely to have tried several variants of paneer subzi, but mostly with a creamy tomato base. Here is a totally unique preparation of paneer in a base of curd pepped up with an aromatic tempering of assorted seeds such as jeera, kalonji, saunf, rai and methi. Serve the Dahiwali Paneer Subzi fresh and hot with your favourite roti or puri, and experience the burst of flavours in every mouthful.
- Combine the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the seeds mixture.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, turmeric powder, chilli powder, black salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. , while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curds-plain flour mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.