Dahiwale Aloo Ki Subzi with Rajgira Puris
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 106099 times
Baby potatoes cooked with curds and spices is a great combination for Rajgira Puris. The recipe uses ingredients that are acceptable on faraal days too.
The simple flavour of the subzi is very soothing to the palate, and just right to nourish yourself on a fasting day. The Dahiwale Aloo ki Subzi is best enjoyed with hot Rajgira Puris.
If you have any difficulty in rolling the rajgira dough, use a plastic sheet for rolling. After adding the curd-water mixture, make sure you keep stirring continuously to prevent it from curdling.
This is an easy recipe, which can be made with few ingredients and in little time! You can also try other faraal recipes like Kand Sandwich or Kand Aloo Pakoda.
- Combine the curds, rajgira flour and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the bayleaf, cloves and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the curd-water mixture and green chilli paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the baby potatoes, coriander and rock salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the puris a few at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot rajgira puris with hot aloo subzi.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.