Dahiwale Aloo Ki Subzi with Rajgira Puris ( Faraal Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 98702 times
This potato-based dish comprises all the spices that are allowed during fasts, assembled in a manner fit to please the choosiest of connoisseurs. Enjoy it with rajgira puris.
- Combine the curds and arrowroot flour in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the bayleaf, cloves and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curds mixture, round red chilli powder and coriander-cumin seed powder, mix well and cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the baby potatoes, rock salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 6 to 7 minutes.
- Top with coriander and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 15 to 16 equal portions and roll each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris a few at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot rajgira puris with hot aloo subzi.
- To make round red chilli powder, dry roast 2 to 3 whole round red chillis (boriya mirch) on a tava (griddle) for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool slightly, deseed and blend it in a mixer to a fine powder. Use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||350 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.