Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2249 times
The North Indian chaat king, dahiwadas are now made less complicated and easy to prepare with this quick and delicious dahi Wada recipe. The urad dal vadas are deep fried, soaked in water and then served with beaten curd or dahi, imli chutney and green chutney as topping.
Add your private note
Dahiwadas recipe - How to make Dahiwadas
Preparation Time: 20 MINS. Cooking Time: 20 MINS. Total Time:
- 1/2 kg curds
- 1/4 tsp. jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. sweet chutney
- Soak dal in water for at least 4 hrs.
- Put dal, jeera, coconut in blender and mix.
- Batter should not be very thin.
- Add coriander leaves after removing, can add few cashewnuts if desired.
- Heat oil.
- Fry wadas on low flame and put them immediately in cold water and remove after a few minutes squeezing out all the water.
- Beat the curds and add sugar and salt.
- Arrange wadas in the dish and pour the curds on it.
- Garnish with jeera powder, chilli powder and coriander leaves.
- Put sweet chutney on top.
- 1/2 cup tamarind water
- 8 dates
- 6 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Wash tamarind and soak it for some time. squeeze out. boil the tamarind water with the above ingredients and then strain.
This recipe was contributed by USHAG on 06 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.