Dahi Wali Chana Dal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11539 times
Stir the curd gravy for first few minutes to avoid curdling.
- Soak the chana dal for one hour, drain and pressure cook the chana dal till its cooked,taking care not to mash completely.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Combine the curd ,chilli powder, turmeric and coriander powder in a bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curd mixture and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and salt and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the chana dal and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by poojakalla on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.