Dahi Vada By v.desai
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7247 times
Dahi vada is a delicious chaat recipe with fried vadas( urad dal dumplings) smeared with chilled beaten curd and topped with spicy and tangy chutneys.A delicious North Indian delicacy, dahi vada is best served chilled on a hot summer day.
- Mix, wash and soak all dals together for 6-7 hours.
- Wet grind to find thick batter. beat till fluffy.
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Drop in pingpong ball sized lumps of batter.
- Use moist hands or a moist spoon to do the same.
- Deep fry till very light golden. drain, keep aside.
- Repeat for all batter.
- Put hot vadas in plenty of salted water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and put in plain water.
- Change this water 3-4 times till oiliness is gone.
- Spread a moist muslin cloth in a large shallow bowl.
- Press out each vada gently between palms, place in cloth.
- Repeat for all, pile and keep in fridge covered till required.
- Chill curds and milk.
- Beat together curds and milk till smooth.
- Arrange some vadas at the base of a bowl.
- Pour enough curds to cover vadas.
- Drizzle some tamarind and green chutneys over it.
- Sprinkle salt, red chilli powder, cumin over it.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander. onions if desired.
- Serve chilled.
- Make same either in individual bowls or in a large bowl.
- Allow guests to adjust seasoning as per taste.
- Add all seasoning to the curds and mix well. check taste.
- Add the vadas, and all to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in a large pot. omit the onions.
This recipe was contributed by v.desai on 28 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.