Dahi Ke Kebab
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 234 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 300478 times
Rich, richer, richest – you will be at a loss how to rate these creamy and soft Dahi ke Kebabs. Interestingly, hung curd forms the main ingredient of these kebabs, supplemented by paneer and bread crumbs for volume and shape. This trio is perked up with herbs, masalas and cashewnuts, not to forget the innovative addition of deep-fried onions, which gives an irresistible crunch and intense flavour to the kebabs. This kebab is quite different from the lot, because it has a unique texture, which is not crisp, but soft and creamy with the mild crunch of onion in between. Enjoy this unique starter immediately with green chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter round kebab.
- Roll each kebab in bread crumbs so that the kebabs are evenly coated from both the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 2 kebabs at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Serve immediately with green chutney.
- At step 4, do not turn the kebab too frequently while deep-frying, else they will break.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kebab
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.