Dahi Chane ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 154 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31079 times
Curds are a very good source of calcium and are also very easy to digest. Pulses along with curds improve the protein and calcium content of this recipe. Fibre and iron are also well represented. Your energy requirements are high during the second trimester and this recipe provides sufficient energy in your diet.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, bay leaves, red chilies and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the kala chana, ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt with 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles till the chana is cooked. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk the curds and gram flour together and add the mixture to the cooked chana. Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir this continuously till the mixture comes to a boil since the curds can split if they are not stirred.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander.
- You can substitute the chana with lobhia bean (chawli).
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.