by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90960 times
South Indian style bhindi. My personal favourite.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the lady fingers in oil until crisp. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat the oil again; add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal. When they crackle, add the red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the onions and sauté until it is golden in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, the ground paste and salt and fry until the oil comes out from the sides.
- Add 1¼ cups of water to the curds, beat well and add it to the mixture.
- Add the sautéed bhindi and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If you don't wish to deep fry the bhindi you can sauté it. But the bhindi.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||298.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||92.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.