Dahi Bhindi - Kerala Style
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35258 times
The distinct taste of Kerala comes alive in this subtly spiced subzi. The onions and coconut give this gravy a mild crunchy texture and whole red chillies make it a spicy delicacy. Feel free to adjust the amount of chillies to your liking.
- Wash the bhindi thoroughly and wipe them dry using a cloth and place them in a microwave-proof plate.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 tablespoon water on the bhindis and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds with 1 teaspoon of water in a bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Combine the oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves in a microwave-proof bowl, cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the onions, mix well and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coconut and salt, mix well and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the curds and bhindi, mix well and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coconut.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||125.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||37.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.