Dahi Bhaat ( Dahi Waale Chaawal)
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36599 times
Dahi bhaat(dahi waale chaawal) is a north indian take on the traditional south indian curd rice recipe. The rice is tossed with beaten curd and spices and served as main course meal.
- Mash the cooked rice in a bowl and add the coriander, cucumber, salt, ginger and green chillies and mix well.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a kadhai and add the red chillies and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and remove from the flame.
- Remove the red chillies and keep it on side for garnish.
- Now pour the milk on the rice and mix well.
- Add the curd and the seasoning prepared with curry leaves and mustard seeds and mix well.
- Garnish with red chillies and serve immediately or can be chilled.
This recipe was contributed by rusona on 27 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.