Dahi Batata Puri ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88870 times
Dahi batata puri, an arrangement of tiny, crisp puris amidst a mélange of potatoes, ragda, and a topping of miscellaneous chutneys and beaten curds! a cool treat that you might prefer over regular bhel or fiery pani puri on a hot summer’s day!
- Crack a small hole in the centre of each puri and arrange 6 puris on a plate.
- Stuff each puri with ½ tbsp of potatoes and top with 1 tsp teekha phudina chutney, ½ tbsp of meetha chutney and 2 tbsp of curds.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of chilli powder, ½ tsp of cumin seeds powder, ½ tsp of black salt and 2 tbsp of sev evenly over the puris and serve immediately garnished with 1 tsp of coriander.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
- Use chilled beaten curds, for an extra-cooling effect!
- Jain dahi puri: replace potatoes with ½ the recipe of ragda or 1 cup of soaked boondi, or 1 cup of boiled moong for stuffing the puris and proceed as per the recipe.
- Ragda puri: for 1 plate, stuff each of the 6 puris with ½ tbsp of ragda,instead of potatoes and top with 1 tsp of teekha chutney and ½ tbsp of meetha chutney.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of sev and 1 tsp of dry red masala evenly over the puris and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.