Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1370 times
In this recipe,finally you can add coriander leaves .
Add your private note
Daali thoi recipe - How to make Daali thoi
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Thuvar dal--1/2 cup Or Green gram dal
greenchillies--4 or 5
Mustard seeds--1/2 tsp
Curry leaves--2 sprigs
Asafoetida water/ powder--pinch salt to taste
- Wash dal thoroughly.drop into cooker adding little oil with a pinch of turmeric and pressure cook ( till soft ).
- Remove the dal & add slit green chillies and continue cooking for sometime.
- Add salt and a sprig to the dal.
- Remove from flame when done.
- Season with mustard & curry leavesin oil,using a ladle.
- Finally add a few drops of asafoetida water (hing ).cover vessel.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#410592 on 13 May 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.