Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9922 times
Tip: this recipe tastes just as good (even better!) the following day after reheating properly. chef kapoor likes it cold too! but the parathas should be hot.
- Pick, wash and soak whole black urad and rajma overnight in three cups of water.
- Peel and chop the onion, ginger and garlic finely. wash and chop the tomatoes.
- Cook the soaked dal and rajma in three cups of water with salt, red chili powder and half the chopped ginger till dal and rajma are cooked and soft.
- Heat oil and butter in a thick-bottomed pan. add cumin seeds, when it crackles add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and chopped tomatoes. sauté till tomatoes are well mashed and fat starts to leave the masala. add boiled dal and rajma to this. adjust seasoning.
- Add garam masala powder and simmer on very low heat for fifteen minutes.
- Add fresh cream and let it simmer for another five minutes.
- Serve hot with naan or paratha.
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.