Cut Mango Pickle (south Indian Style)
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10936 times
A tangy ,spicy raw mango pickle recipe, cut mango pickle or achaar is a great accompaniment to rice or Indian breads. Raw mango is excellent for digestion, hence the popular pickle recipe with mangoes and Indian spice powders, mustard oil is a tasty and healthful choice.
- Fry dry methi seeds and powder it.
- Wash and cut mangoes into small pieces after deseeding without wetness.
- Add methi powder,salt and chilli powder to the mangoes.
- Heat oil and splutter the mustard seeds,pour over the mango and stir well. use after a day.
- This picke tastes good with rice-sambar and also curds rice.
- This pickle has to be used within a weeks time.
This recipe was contributed by kanchan36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.