Custard Sauce ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34208 times
This is a very soothing sauce made of milk combined with custard powder. When boiling the mixture, you have to keep stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Custard sauce can be useful in making desserts like the crêpe georgette.
- Combine the custard powder and ½ cup of milk in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Combine the remaining milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan and bring to boil.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the custard powder paste gradually and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously and allow to cool.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Use as required.
- It is important to keep stirring the sauce continuously, so that the custard does not get lumpy or stick to the bottom of the pan.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.