Curry Leaves Sambhar
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11771 times
Curry leaves sambhar is not only a great tasting sambhar recipe with authentic south indian flavours, it also helps to work wonders for soar throat and common cold. The fried curry leaves are added to the sambhar towards the end and renders a delectable flavour to the sambhar.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add all the dhals, asafoetida and red chillies and saute till they turn brown.
- Add the curry leaves and saute for 1 minute.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth and keep aside.
- Meanwhile put the tamarind juice in a kadjai and add salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground mixture, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nithyagopal on 27 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.