Curried Beans with Buttered Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 103 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20896 times
Rice, when tossed with a dollop of butter, gets a luxurious aroma and flavour that is subtle but easily noticeable. A pungent topping of baked beans, onions, garlic, spice powders and sauces complements the buttered rice very well. The curried beans with buttered rice is a truly irresistible preparation that tastes so exotic that you will celebrate a proud moment when people praise you for it!
- Put the rice and salt in a glass bowl and add 21/2 cups of water.
- Microwave on high for about 14 to 15 minutes or until cooked, stirring in-between after about 7 minutes. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
- Put the butter in another glass bowl and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Put the butter in a glass bowl and microwave on high for about 20 seconds.
- Add the onions, crushed garlic and microwave on high for about 1 minute, stirring once in-between after 30 seconds.
- Add the curry powder and chilli powder and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the baked beans, tomato ketchup and salt and microwave on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes stirring in-between after every 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with buttered rice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||322.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.