Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13452 times
Curd idli is a variation to the staple rice and lentil based idli batter as it has sour curd added to the rice and black gram batter along with green chillies, cooking soda and pepper powder. The idlis are steamed after the batter is fermented and then is relished piping hot with coconut chutney.
- Soak the dhal and rice seperately for 2 hours.
- Drain and blend the dal with just enough water till smooth consistency.
- Drain and blend the rice with green chillies till smooth.
- Combine both the dal and rice along with sour curds and salt and mix well.
- Add the pepper, cumin seeds powder and bengal gram dhal on top of the batter and cover and keep aside for fermenting for 15 to 20 hours.
- Just before preparing idlis, pour the hot oil and soda to the batter and mix well.
- Pour spoonful of this batter in the greased idli moulds and cook in an idli steamer for 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sailu13 on 27 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.