Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10012 times
A cooling and innovative vegetable recipe with cucumbers, the Cucumber subzi is spicy and tempered with mustard seeds or rai and green chillies.
- Put oil in deep kathai and turn your gas on.
- Add rai in oil and when it starts crackling, add fine chopped cucumber in it.
- Add salt, tal , daliya powder(don't grind daliya completely but leave it coarce by 1/4)
- Cover the kathai for 2 minute and then add turmeric powder, chilli, lemon, sugar and dhaniya
- After 2 minutes turn your gas off and serve hot with roti.
This recipe was contributed by himanimehta on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.