Cucumber Raita, Raita Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3633 times
Sometimes, the easiest of dishes are the most pleasing. The Cucumber Raita is one such case. It is a very simple accompaniment, made of grated cucumber and curds perked up with a dash of spice powders and a traditional tadka. The tempering not only boosts the aroma of the raita but also gives it a nice taste. In an unexpected twist, a teaspoon of green chilli paste is added to the curds, to give the raita a sharper flavour. You can enjoy this tasty accompaniment with pulao, biryani or parathas.
- Squeeze the cucumber and remove all the excess water. Drain the water and keep the cucumber aside.
- Whisk the curds well using a whisk.
- Add the green chilli paste, cumin seeds powder, powdered sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add the cucumber, mix well and refrigerate for at least30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the tempering to the curds-cucumber mixture and mix well.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||86 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.