Crusty Potato Fingers ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 119 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33166 times
A super alternative to french fries! crushed cornflakes lend a nice crunchy texture and appearance to the fingers. Since children usually enjoy potatoes, this is likely to be a big hit with them. Dip into tomato ketchup and enjoy this wonderful snack!
- Combine all the ingredients along with the prepared paste in bowl and mix well to make a thick batter, using enough water. Keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water in a deep pan, add the salt and cook till the potatoes are parboiled. Drain and keep aside to cool.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into fingers.
- Dip the potato fingers in the batter and roll out in the crushed corn flakes till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the fingers on a medium flame, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool slightly and serve with salsa and tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.